Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Fit Girl’s Top Fashion Tips

A Fit Girl’s Top Fashion Tips

Two things that I love so much are Fitness & Fashion.  So why not marry the two?  There are so many ways to be fit AND fabulous and ANYONE can do it.  I was never a sporty girl growing up.  I was always playing with barbies, painting my nails, doing something new to my hair, shopping for the latest trends, etc.  So when I discovered my love for fitness, I realized that it was OK for me to sweat (and still look fabulous).  Now, don't get me wrong, there are days when I literally roll out of bed and head straight to the gym with just barely brushing my teeth.  Ha!  But for the most part, I try to look somewhat presentable when going to the gym.  Why?  Because, as a trainer, I am in gym clothes %90 of the time and as a mom, I'm constantly running around and don't have time to put on my favorite outfit when heading to the grocery store.  So, I've found ways to still look fierce while wearing stretchy pants. 
Here are a few of my all time favorite tips and tricks for a fit girl:

1. Add a few accessories to your every day gym wear to make it look like a legit outfit.  So, for those busy mommas on the move all the time, I just added a black blazer and some tall boots with a statement necklace to my regular every day gray Nike yoga pants and black tank.  Wala!  Ready to hit the streets without sacrificing style or comfort.  (and without lugging around a huge gym bag)






2. Find a great pair of leggings that make you feel fabulous!  And don't be afraid of color!  The brighter, the better :)










3.  I love this beauty trick!!  Line the inside of your bottom lids with WHITE eyeliner.  It will make your eyes POP!  If you have squinty eyes like me, this trick will come in handy.









4.  Find a pair of great shoes!!  Fabulous shoes always make me work harder.  Haha!  I'm such a girl :)  I know shoes can be costly, so when picking out the right pair, make sure you are going to love them a few weeks/months from purchasing them.  I love bright colored shoes, but they will only go with so many outfits.  If you can't afford a new pair of shoes every month, try buying a shoe that is more neutral, and then change out the shoe strings for added color. 


5.  Find a pair of fabulous gloves!  I got these from Femme Fitale and not only are they fashionable and make me feel feminine when I'm lifting, but they protect your hand from calluses.
6.  Write down your workouts.  Plan them.  I have all of my workouts written down on this ring of note cards.  That way I walk into the gym having a plan of attack.  I know exactly what I am supposed to be doing.  Also, if there is ever a day when I don't feel creative enough to come up with a different workout, it's great to whip these bad boys out and pick from my stack of note cards. 

7.  When the cold weather hits, it's important to bundle up.  So choose a bright colored vest like this one or jacket and scarf to throw on as you head out the door to the gym.  Vest is from Old Navy, scarf is from Nutrition Snob Clothing.
8.  Find a store that has great quality clothes that will last for a long time.  Gym clothes can be expensive.  But, it's better to find great pieces that will last than constantly replacing your yoga pants.  Athleta is one of my favorite stores (and most dangerous) because they have super cute clothing that are not too terribly expensive, but GREAT quality.  I would encourage you to invest in a couple pair of pants that will last.  When shopping, keep in mind what you have at home to pair with your purchases.  That way, you don't get home and realize you have nothing that goes with your new duds!










9.  Invest in a good spray tan.  For me, this is something I could never live without because I feel so BLAW when I don't have some color on me.  Not only does it give you a fresh look, but is completely %100 safe!  (and won't produce wrinkles later on...HOLLA!)



10.  Last but not least, JUST BE YOU!!!!!  No matter what you look like, what you weigh, what color of hair or eyes you have, where you live, what kind of car you drive....realize that YOU ARE FABULOUS!!!  God made you perfect!  Embrace your whole being and know that you are blessed!

Make sure to follow Kattie for more fashion tips and fitness fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment