Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's A Journey

2013 New Years Resolution:
"It's A Journey"
And we all have one. Yet we seem to get so wrapped up on the end result, the final product, that is what we want and are working so hard for right? But what about the process, isn't that where the good stuff happens. The Journey, we all have one. I like to think of it as a testimony. No one starts in the same place and no one has the same story. I know the root of our efforts are to be healthy but not all of us are reaching for the same goal. For me at times it was to lose weight, to run faster, and lately to add muscle and build shoulders and glutes, not to just tone them. One of my favorite scriptures is 2 Corinthians 12:10 " that is why for Christ's sake I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Don't we learn from the journey, the weakness, the hardships, and take that knowledge and experience to do better everyday. Do you think if we just wished for a first place trophy in a competition and got it we would be any better off for having it without working for it? This 2013 I want you to focus and celebrate where you are each day. Rejoice in the small victories and recognize your mistakes for a better tomorrow. Take pride in where you are realizing there will always be somewhere to go. What will it be for you this year, to hit new lifting PR's, to compete, to go Pro, to get back in shape and finally lose that baby weight? What about to recognize that you really haven't been committed to being healthy at all and you are going to reach out to someone (I can be that someone if you need) to ask for help or where to get started. Maybe to set a goal, a big one, and create a new journey so when 2014 rolls around you can look back and say "see how far I've come".

What will your Journey be? Do you know or have you thought about it? Please share and please take us all on the ride with you. We never know how our own personal testimony is going to help someone else get started on their journey. For me, to be persistent in having a healthy and fit pregnancy, remembering what I do now (the journey) will help me get back where I want to be come 2014. I can't wait to see what we accomplish this year, get excited its going to be great!

2 comments:

  1. This is great....it's very hard not to get absorbed by the "finish line".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too... Travel HAPPY... destinations come and go but choosing to travel full of happiness, contentedness, peace of heart~mind~spirit makes every journey what living is all about!

    ReplyDelete